- Get up close to the world's largest bird, the Albatross, on this full-day tour from Christchurch
- Explore the township of Kaikoura
- Visit a fur seal colony
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
Departure & Return
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Start your Albatross Encounter with hotel pickup, then relax during the 2.5-hour drive north to the Kaikoura Peninsula. On arrival, you have free time to explore Kaikoura or purchase an early lunch (own expense) before you’re transferred to your boat.
Cruise away from the Kaikoura coastline in search of the mighty albatross, one of the world's largest flight birds. With the help of nature guides on board, you’re also likely to spot an array of seabirds such as petrels, shearwaters, terns, shags and gulls.
Enjoy great photo ops and visit a New Zealand fur seal colony where you can view the basking mammals at close quarters. Your full-day tour ends with return transport to your Christchurch hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.