Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore Mount Cook on a day trip from Christchurch
- Live commentary onboard
- Includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Informative and friendly guide
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Christchurch
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Follow up with a photo stop at the solitary Church of the Good Shepherd on the shores of Lake Tekapo. Disembark to soak up the idyllic alpine scenery before continuing on to Lake Pukaki. Here, the Tasman Valley opens into the MacKenzie Basin en route to Mount Cook National Park, a World Heritage site.
Enjoy views of Mount Cook (Aoraki) and a backdrop of snow-capped peaks during lunch at the Hermitage Hotel. Opt for a scenic flight or a glacier landing by ski plane (additional cost, payable direct).
The pinnacle of your tour comes with a 20-minute hike up Tasman Glacier. At the summit of the terminal moraine, cast your eyes over the glacier and nearby Lake Tasman. Back on level ground, re-board the coach for the return drive to Christchurch, stopping en route in Fairlie for late afternoon tea.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note Tasman Glacier viewing walk is subject to weather conditions on the day of travel which due to the mountains and altitude is very changeable. Should this walk not be available due to weather then the tour will visit the Mount Cook Edmund Hilary Center at the Hermitage
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Explore Mount Cook from Christchurch.