Explore our promoted experiences
- Comprehensive sightseeing tour of Christchurch
- Wander the beautiful landscape of Mona Vale Gardens
- See historic buildings and architecture
- Travel through seaside suburb of Sumner
- Spectacular views over the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps
- International Antarctic Center (if option selected)
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Depart the city for nearby Mona Vale, a historic homestead undergoing renovation from the 2011 earthquake. You have time to explore the 13.5-acre (5.5-hectare) landscaped gardens while strolling past lovely trees, ponds and fountains.
Next, travel up to Sign of the Takahe, a historical manor-turned-restaurant tucked away in the Cashmere Hills. From the vista point, look out over Christchurch, the Canterbury Plains and the Southern Alps before returning to the city via Lyttelton Port. Pass through the harbor tunnel to see Sumner Beach and Cave Rock before returning to the CBD where the tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Optional Upgrade 1: International Antarctic CenterCombine your Christchurch sightseeing tour with admission to the International Antarctic Center — only available with the morning departure. Your entry ticket includes the Snow and Ice Experience, which recreates atmospheric conditions of Antarctica with an indoor storm complete with blizzard audio, lightning and arctic winds. Meet a couple dozen blue penguins — the smallest penguins in the world — at the Penguin Encounter.
Optional Upgrade 2: International Antarctic Center and Hagglung rideIf you’d like, opt for an exhilarating Hagglung ride: it’s an extreme all-terrain adventure on an amphibious vehicle that traverses through water, across an ice pack and over a crevasse to emulate conditions scientists face while riding across Antarctica.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.