- 20-minute scenic helicopter flight over Christchurch
- See the devastation caused by the 2010 earthquake from the air
- Photograph the Christchurch Cathedral rebuilding site and other aerial views
- Fly over the picturesque Banks Peninsula
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Get a bird’s-eye view of Christchurch’s road to recovery as you look down upon vacant city blocks as well as ruined buildings that are being rebuilt along Christchurch’s ever-changing skyline.
Your pilot points out the seriously damaged ChristChurch Cathedral, and the nearby Transitional Cathedral that has taken its place. Fly over the new sports stadium and learn about the city’s vision for its future.
Flying toward the coast, hover over Lyttelton Harbour (Whakaraupo) before taking in the volcano-formed coves and bays of the Banks Peninsula from above. The return route skims the outskirts of Christchurch, including the suburbs of Sumner and Redcliffs, whose affluent locals also experienced the destruction from New Zealand’s second deadliest natural disaster.
End your helicopter tour back at the starting point, with newfound appreciation for this historic city rising from the ashes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please bring a camera for photo opportunites
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Customers in wheelchairs will need to be able to lift themselves in the helicopter or have a helper who can lift them.
- wear warm clothing
- Share your photos to our Facebook or Instagram #gardencityhelicopters #gchaviation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Garden City Helicopters
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
See all safety measures taken by Christchurch Scenic Helicopter Tour.