Explore our promoted experiences
- See the dramatically changed cityscape of Christchurch
- Catch glimpses of the Southern Alps, Canterbury Plains and Lyttelton Harbour
- Explore the surrounding nature walks around the crater rim
- Upgrade to the combo tour options including Christchurch Botanic Gardens or a ride along the Avon River
Departure & Return
Public transport brings you directly to the Christchurch Gondola
What To Expect
Gondola Ride and Botanic GardensTour the Christchurch Botanic Gardens aboard the electric caterpillar shuttle, hopping on and off as you please to stroll through the rose garden, visit the tropical greenhouse and more. Knowledgeable garden staff are on hand to answer any questions you have.
Gondola Ride and Avon River PuntingGlide along the Avon River in a punt as a punter, traditionally dressed in straw hat and blazer, propels the flat-bottomed boat past the Christchurch Botanic Gardens as well as boat sheds, tree-lined banks and riverside paths. Blankets and umbrellas are provided to enhance the romantic setting.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress warmly and wear comfortable shoes
- Please Note: This product does not include the Gondola Restaurant. Please make Restaurant arrangements separately, prior to your departure date
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchairs need to be smaller than 600cm wide to fit into the Gondola cabin
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Christchurch Attractions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.