11 to 12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get ready for a hassle-free day of adventures from Christchurch with round-trip transport, and admission tickets included. The trip will showcase scenic viewpoints along the way, such as Lake Tekapo, Lake Pukaki, the Ben Ohau Range, and sites from Lord of the Rings. Avoid long lines at Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre by having admission included. Another highlight is a visit to the Tasman Glacier, and a delicious lunch is included too.
- See filming locations from the movie Lord of the Rings
- No need to bring food with you—lunch at the Hermitage Hotel is provided
- Convenient round-trip transfers from Christchurch are provided
- Avoid long ticket lines—entry to Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre included
Saved to wishlist!
GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Morning & Afternoon tea, coffee, snack
Professional guide and live commentary on board
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
Departure & Return
Christchurch Central City, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately especially if you intend going on the Tasman Glacier side trip.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Maossie Tours Limited
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Aoraki-Mt Cook Tasman Glacier & Alpine Centre scenic day tour from Christchurch?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Aoraki-Mt Cook Tasman Glacier & Alpine Centre scenic day tour from Christchurch?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsAudio GuidesNature and WildlifeEco ToursExtremeHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportChristchurch4WD Tours - South IslandSporting Events - South IslandAudio Guides - South IslandNature and Wildlife - South IslandEco Tours - South IslandExtreme - South IslandHistorical Tours - South IslandCategory
Christchurch Arts CentreHanmer Springs Thermal Pools and SpaAvon RiverCanterbury Earthquake National MemorialBurkes PassTransitional Cathedral (Cardboard Cathedral)Akaroa PortBridge of RemembranceWillowbank Wildlife ReserveAkaroa HarbourBanks PeninsulaMona ValeChurch of the Good ShepherdCanterbury MuseumWaiparaAir Force Museum of New ZealandPort HillsWaimakariri RiverChristchurch GondolaPegasus Bay Winery and Restaurant