9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
This is a great option for a Christchurch day trip that combines nature, local wildlife, and delicious food experiences too. Save time planning transfers by having round-trip transport in a luxury vehicle included. You won’t have to worry about bringing snacks with you as light refreshments, drinks, and a delicious lunch are all included. Travel in comfort between dispersed sites including Banks Peninsula, Barrys Bay Cheese Factory, and the Wild Side Conservation Area to spot wild penguins.
- See penguins in their natural habitat at Wild Side Conservation
- All food is included—enjoy morning and afternoon tea, as well as lunch
- No transport planning—round-trip transfers from Christchurch are included
- Travel in a luxury vehicle with on board Wi-Fi and USB charging
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Morning & Afternoon tea, coffee, snack
Live commentary on board & local guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off (central Christchurch hotels only)
Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach
Departure & Return
Christchurch Central City, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Maossie Tours Limited
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Akaroa and Banks Peninsula Wild Penguins Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Akaroa and Banks Peninsula Wild Penguins Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Akaroa and Banks Peninsula Wild Penguins Tour
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeEco ToursFull-day ToursKid FriendlyDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingChristchurch4WD Tours - South IslandSporting Events - South IslandNature and Wildlife - South IslandExtreme - South IslandEco Tours - South IslandFull-day Tours - South IslandCategory
Willowbank Wildlife Reserve Tours & TicketsWaipara Tours & TicketsPegasus Bay Winery and Restaurant Tours & TicketsMount Hutt Tours & TicketsBurkes Pass Tours & TicketsMona Vale Tours & TicketsOrana Wildlife Park Tours & TicketsWaipara Springs Winery and Cafe Tours & TicketsAkaroa Harbour Tours & TicketsSumner Beach Tours & TicketsHanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa Tours & TicketsHagley Park Tours & TicketsBridge of Remembrance Tours & TicketsTransitional Cathedral (Cardboard Cathedral) Tours & TicketsWaimakariri River Tours & TicketsCanterbury Earthquake National Memorial Tours & TicketsBanks Peninsula Tours & TicketsChristchurch Gondola Tours & TicketsAir Force Museum of New Zealand Tours & TicketsThe Court Theatre Tours & Tickets