3 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
See the highlights of New Zealand's scenic South Island on this 3-day semi-independent tour, round-trip from Christchurch. Traveling by coach and train, you’ll stop in UNESCO-listed Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park and Queenstown, travel up the west coast to Franz Josef Glacier, and visit the Gold Rush town of Greymouth, then board the homeward-bound TranzAlpine train across the Southern Alps and past the Canterbury Plains. Listen to informative onboard commentary and enjoy two nights’ accommodation as you explore the sights independently.
- 3-day tour of New Zealand's South Island
- Visit the South Island's must-see sights on narrated coach tours, with time to explore more at your leisure
- Travel through the mighty Southern Alps and visit Mt Cook, the tallest mountain in the country
- Explore the rugged West Coast, with its glacial lakes and historic Gold Rush towns
- See the impressive Franz Josef Glacier
- Ride on the famous TranzAlpine Train from Greymouth back to Christchurch
- Overnight hotel accommodation included
Saved to wishlist!
2 nights of accommodation in 3-star hotels
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Live commentary on board
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup from most Hotel, Motels & Backpackers
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please note that this tour is an independent tour and you may be traveling with a different driver/guide and group each day
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
3-Day South Island Circle Tour from Christchurch
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingChristchurchBus Tours - South IslandCity Tours - South IslandNature and Wildlife - South IslandMulti-day Tours - South IslandCategory
Air Force Museum of New ZealandMona ValeArthur's Pass National ParkWaipara Springs Winery and CafeWaimakariri RiverHanmer Springs Thermal Pools and SpaMount HuttBridge of RemembranceChurch of the Good ShepherdChristchurch Arts CentreWillowbank Wildlife ReserveCanterbury MuseumWaiparaSumner BeachAkaroa PortCanterbury Earthquake National MemorialBanks PeninsulaNew Regent StreetPort HillsTransitional Cathedral (Cardboard Cathedral)