3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Travel back in time to the 1920s, when Chicago was a prohibition era hub for lively speakeasies. Your guide, a local historian in period dress, will lead you through secret entrances to speakeasies once frequented by bank robbers and Chicago gangsters like Al Capone. Order prohibition era cocktails (additional cost) and listen to stories about bootlegging and racketeering in 1920s Chicago. Guests are welcome to come in period dress.
- Enter historic speakeasies via secret passages
- Hear the colorful stories behind Chicago’s Prohibition Era past
- Private tour led by professional local historian
- Convenient transport with hotel pick-up and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Professional Historian Tour Guide
Luxury Private Transportation
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from your hotel or any other venue within the Chicagoland area. Please specify when booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Chicago Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Speakeasy Pub Crawl in Chicago with Local Historian?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Private Speakeasy Pub Crawl in Chicago with Local Historian?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Speakeasy Pub Crawl in Chicago with Local Historian?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChicagoBus Tours - IllinoisHistorical Tours - IllinoisHalf-day Tours - IllinoisBus Tours - NashvilleHistorical Tours - NashvilleHalf-day Tours - NashvilleBus Tours - PittsburghHistorical Tours - PittsburghHalf-day Tours - PittsburghCategory
Marquette BuildingArt Institute of ChicagoWater Tower PlaceMedieval Times ChicagoWrigley BuildingNortherly Island Wrigley FieldChicago ChinatownChicago Botanic GardenChicago Lakefront Trail The Magnificent MileMarina CityLincoln Park ConservatoryMuseum of Science and IndustryHouse of BluesDriehaus MuseumChicago Cultural CenterChicago Loop Frederick C. Robie HouseTommy Gun's Garage