2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
If you’ve ever dreamed of sailing away on your own private sailboat, this is the perfect excursion for you. You and up to five other invited guests will have the exclusive use of a sailboat, complete with captain and crew for the duration of your tour. Sail on Lake Michigan and enjoy the sights of Chicago’s striking skyline. If you want, you could even take a turn at the helm.
- The choice is yours: morning, afternoon or evening departures available
- BYOB, but no glass containers. Keep cool with included ice and fridge
- Itineraries are fully customizable to your group’s interests
- Bring a Blue tooth enabled device to get your tunes playing
Saved to wishlist!
Professional US Coast Guard licensed captain
Use of Bluetooth speakers
All applicable taxes
Food and Drinks
Departure & Return
Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- NO SMOKING - All charters are NON-SMOKING. Use of any tobacco products, cigars, pipes, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vapor devices, etc. are strictly prohibited. Use of any of these products may result in a non-refundable, early termination of your charter and the assessment of a cleaning fee.
- CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL - Customers and guests may bring and consume reasonable amounts of alcoholic beverages within the bounds of Illinois State law.
- NO GLASS ON BOARD - Glass containers are prohibited. Please do not bring them. Wine and Champagne bottle are permitted as long as they remain secure in a protective container during charter. Please bring plastic cups for drinking.
- CUSTOMER/GUEST BEHAVIOR - Customers and guests are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Any behavior determined by the captain to be inappropriate (lewd, offensive, unsafe, etc.) may result in a non-refundable, early termination of your charter.
- WEAPONS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED - Weapons on any kind are strictly prohibited! Guns, knives, or weapons of any kind are NOT allowed on board our vessels at any time. Bringing any of these prohibited items aboard may result in a non-refundable, early termination of your charter.
- ANIMALS ARE PROHIBITED - Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate animals of any type.
- SWIMMING MAY BE PERMITTED - Swimming may be permitted on charters of 3 hours or longer. Swimming is not guaranteed and is at the captain's discretion. If swimming is deemed permissible by the captain, every passenger on board will be required to sign a waiver & release prior to swimming. Swimming will not be allowed after the departure time of our Sunset Sail schedule for that same day. SWIMMING IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE - Food and beverages may be consumed on deck. Please clean up any spilled food or beverage and take your garbage with you. A cleaning fee may be assessed for excessive spillage.
- SEASICKNESS/MOTION SICKNESS - Any person that experiences seasickness must remain on deck. The cabin area below deck is NOT an appropriate place for any person to deal with seasickness. A cleaning fee will be assessed for any person vomiting anywhere in the below deck cabin area of the sailboat, including the “head”/bathroom.
- GALLEY STOVE AND SINK - The galley stove onboard our sailboat is NOT for use by customers. The sinks on board our boats drain directly into the lake and are NOT intended for food prep nor for disposing of unwanted items. None of the sinks have garbage disposals. Please do NOT treat our sinks like you treat your kitchen sink. They are NOT the same.
- CLEANING FEES - Cleaning fees, if applicable, will be equivalent to the standard, full price of your charter.
- TERMINATION OF CHARTER - The captain reserves the right to cancel a charter at any time for reasons of weather, mechanical failure, or safety. Charters will be rescheduled at the customer’s convenience. A refund will be offered if rescheduling cannot be agreed upon.
- GIFT CERTIFICATES/VOUCHERS - Gift Certificates may not be redeemed for cash. Gift certificates may be used to purchase products and services offered by Come Sailing, Inc. The terms “gift voucher” and “gift certificate” have the same meaning and are used interchangeably throughout our website.
- LATE ARRIVALS - The late arrival of customers and guests may result in a shortened charter sail without refund nor adjustment to price.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- BOOKING ERRORS - We reserve the right to cancel reservations that are the result of incorrect pricing/availability due to malicious acts or software/website errors.
- CONSENT TO BE FILMED/PHOTOGRAPHED - Boarding any sailboats operated by Come Sailing, Inc. is your implied consent to be filmed, photographed, and recorded. Furthermore, by boarding any of our sailboats you are granting Come Sailing, Inc., their agents, successors, assignees and affiliates, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and representatives the right and permission to use such film, photographs, and recordings of your voice, image, and likeness for the purpose of promoting Come Sailing, Inc. and its related services. You further agree that you will not receive any financial compensation or cash payment for the rights or permissions granted by you. In such case that you are the parent or guardian of any minor child that has accompanied you aboard our sailboat, you further consent to the foregoing on behalf of that minor child.
- COVID-19 FACE MASK POLICY - MASK FREE SAILING - Yes! There will be opportunities for passengers to remove their face masks and enjoy the fresh air. The captain will explain in detail where and when passengers may remove their masks. With the exception noted above, ALL passengers are REQUIRED to wear secure fitting face masks covering both their nose and their mouth. Yes, this applies to vaccinated persons as well. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a face mask, please do not book a charter with our company. The captain and crew are REQUIRED to wear secure fitting face masks covering both their nose and their mouth. Masks are not provided, please bring your own. Passengers will immediately don their face masks upon request from the captain or crew.
- COVID-19 SOCIAL DISTANCING - There is plenty of space on board our sailboats. Please spread out and maintain appropriate social distancing from the captain and crew when able to do so. Social distancing within your own group is your responsibility and at your own discretion. While maneuvering and sailing our boats, it may be necessary for the captain and crew to be in close proximity to you. As a result, the captain may request passengers to temporarily move to another part of the boat to maintain appropriate social distancing. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- COVID-19 SICK PEOPLE SHOULD STAY AT HOME - All passengers are required to self-diagnose their health status before boarding and let us know if they are not feeling well. PLEASE STAY AT HOME IF ANY OF THESE CONDITION APPLY: SICK – If you are sick or not feeling well. SYMPTOMATIC – If, in the last 14 days, you have experiences symptoms related to COVID-19, the flu, or any other potentially contagious disease. EXPOSURE – If, in the last 14 days, you have been exposed (or potentially exposed) to persons symptomatic of, or diagnosed with COVID-19, the flu, or any other potentially contagious disease.
- COVID-19 LIMITED ACCESS TO CABIN AND RESTROOMS - Due to COVID-19, access to the cabin area and spaces below deck is extremely limited and by permission only. Permission must be requested of and granted by the captain each time a passenger wishes to access the cabin area and spaces below deck. No more than one passenger will be granted access to the cabin area and spaces below deck at any given time. Access to the cabin area and spaces below deck will be granted solely for use of the head (restroom). A secure fitting face mask must be worn by a passenger the entire time they are in the cabin area and spaces below deck. Food, drinks, and personal belongings are not allowed in the cabin area and spaces below deck. We strongly encourage the use of public restrooms on shore prior to boarding.
- COVID-19 FOOD, WATER, AND ICE - We will have bottles of water available. However, we encourage you to bring your own beverages and help us reserve our water for emergency hydration. We will provide a small cooler on deck in which passengers may store items to keep them cold. Due to COVID-19, the refrigerator in the cabin area is restricted to use by the captain and crew only. Food, beverage, and ice storage is limited to the on-deck cooler. Please plan accordingly.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Come Sailing, Inc.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
What is the maximum group size during Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago?
This activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago.
See all safety measures taken by Private Lake Michigan Sailing Charter and Sightseeing Tour of Chicago.
Product code: 46250P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWater ToursDay CruisesSailingFull-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChicagoCity Tours - IllinoisWater Tours - IllinoisDay Cruises - IllinoisSailing - IllinoisFull-day Tours - IllinoisCity Tours - NashvilleWater Tours - NashvilleDay Cruises - NashvilleSailing - NashvilleFull-day Tours - NashvilleCity Tours - PittsburghWater Tours - PittsburghDay Cruises - PittsburghSailing - PittsburghFull-day Tours - PittsburghCategory
Marquette BuildingTommy Gun's GarageArt Institute of ChicagoChicago TempleDriehaus MuseumLEGOLAND® Discovery Center ChicagoChicago TheatreWrigley FieldLincoln Park ConservatoryNortherly Island Museum of Science and IndustryHouse of BluesChicago History MuseumChicago Children's MuseumWrigleyvilleAmerican Writers MuseumBiograph TheaterAdler PlanetariumJackson ParkChicago Board of Trade Building