- Scenic helicopter flight to the Tasman Glacier, from Mount Cook
- Get aerial views of the Tasman Valley, Hochstetter Icefall, and Tasman Glacier
- Land on the Tasman Glacier to see it up close
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your pilot shares a safety briefing as you get seated in the A355 Twin Engine Helicopter. Put on the provided radio headset, then take in sweeping views as the helicopter lifts off.
Soar over the towering Southern Alps and soak in panoramic views of Aoraki-Mt Cook. As you fly up the Tasman Valley, snap photos of the retreating Hochstetter Icefall, then circle the pristine Tasman Glacier. Your pilot lands on the glacier ice, which measures about 1,968 feet (600 meters) deep. You also see the Grand Plateau and Plateau Hut.
At the end of your flight, your pilot returns you to your starting point where you transfer back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Flights may be cancelled due to weather conditions
- Minimum number of 4 people per flight applies before the flight will operate
- Check in closes 45 minutes prior to flight time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Inflite Ski Planes Limited
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by 35-Minute Valley and Glacier Helicopter Tour from Mount Cook.