- 45-minute scenic ski plane flight to the Tasman Glacier, from Mount Cook
- Fly over the Southern Alps, Tasman Valley, Hochstetter Icefall, and Tasman Glacier
- Get out on the snowfield of the Tasman Glacier when the ski plane makes a brief landing
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Get seated in the retractable ski aircraft and receive a safety briefing from your pilot, then don the provided radio headset so that you can hear the pilot's informative commentary during your flight.
As your plane lifts off, take in sweeping views of the towering Southern Alps, Aoraki Mount Cook National Park, Tasman Valley, Hochstetter Icefall, and Tasman Glacier. Go down for a gentle landing on the glacier snowfield, which allows for an intimate experience of this alpine environment.
Your 45-minute flight ends with return to the airport and transfer back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Flights may be cancelled due to weather conditions
- Minimum number of 4 people per flight applies before the flight will operate
- Check in closes 45 minutes prior to flight time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Inflite Ski Planes Limited
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by 45-Minute Glacier Highlights Ski Plane Tour from Mount Cook.