5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the UNESCO-listed wilderness of Australia’s tropical north on this 5-hour off-road adventure from Cairns. Marvel over the natural wonders of the Barron Gorge National Park, including Surprise Falls, Copperlode Dam and Barron Falls, and admire native flora like the Clohesy River Fig. Get off-the-beaten-track in a 4WD as you wind along rainforest trails, climb through the Great Dividing Range and enjoy spectacular views over the Great Barrier Reef. Best of all: this private tour can be customized to your preference and ensures the undivided attention of your guide.
- Half-day tour of the Barron Gorge National Park from Cairns
- See natural landmarks like Barron Falls, Surprise Falls and Lake Morris
- Soak up the scenery of Queensland’s UNESCO-listed rainforest, savannah and coastal beaches
- Explore off-the-beaten-track in a 4WD
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all Hotels and most rental accommodation (including AirBnB's) in Cairns, Holloways Beach, Trinity Beach, Kewarra Beach, Yorkeys Knob, Palm Cove, Thala Beach, Port Douglas. Please contact us if you cannot find your pick up location
- Yorkeys Knob
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Please bring water/water bottle
- Wet weather gear (November through June)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Discovery Tours Australia
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Half Day Tour: Exclusive World Heritage Rainforest and Waterfall Tour from Cairns?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Half Day Tour: Exclusive World Heritage Rainforest and Waterfall Tour from Cairns?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Half Day Tour: Exclusive World Heritage Rainforest and Waterfall Tour from Cairns?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Half Day Tour: Exclusive World Heritage Rainforest and Waterfall Tour from Cairns
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursSporting EventsExtremePorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingCairns & the Tropical NorthShore Excursions - Queensland4WD Tours - QueenslandSporting Events - QueenslandExtreme - QueenslandPorts of Call Tours - QueenslandHistorical Tours - QueenslandHalf-day Tours - QueenslandShore Excursions - Aeroglen4WD Tours - AeroglenSporting Events - AeroglenExtreme - AeroglenPorts of Call Tours - AeroglenHistorical Tours - AeroglenHalf-day Tours - AeroglenShore Excursions - Port Douglas4WD Tours - Port DouglasSporting Events - Port DouglasExtreme - Port DouglasPorts of Call Tours - Port DouglasHistorical Tours - Port DouglasHalf-day Tours - Port DouglasCategory
Cairns Zoom & Wildlife Dome Tours & TicketsEsplanade Boardwalk Tours & TicketsCairns Esplanade Lagoon Tours & TicketsCairns Aquarium Tours & TicketsTrinity Beach Tours & TicketsGranite Gorge Nature Park Tours & TicketsCairns Botanic Gardens Tours & TicketsCairns Night Markets & Food Court Tours & TicketsRed Arrow Walk Tours & TicketsMt. Whitfield Tours & TicketsBirdworld Kuranda Tours & TicketsAustralian Butterfly Sanctuary Tours & TicketsCentenary Lakes Tours & TicketsMamu Tropical Skywalk Tours & TicketsKuranda Koala Gardens Tours & TicketsRusty's Markets Tours & TicketsBehana Gorge Waterfall Tours & TicketsMichaelmas Cay Tours & TicketsLake Barrine Tours & TicketsWet Tropics World Heritage Area Tours & Tickets