- Cruise to the Great Barrier Reef by luxury, fast catamaran from Cairns
- Choose to snorkel or dive at two locations in highly protected Marine Park zones
- Learn about the reef on a glass-bottom boat coral-viewing tour
- Take a snorkeling tour led by a marine naturalist or master reef guide
- Delicious buffet lunch, snacks and beverages included
- Top-quality snorkeling and diving gear included
- Cruise is limited to a maximum of 75 passengers
- 6-hours actual reef time
Departure & Return
Starting point is at the Ocean Free & Ocean Freedom desk inside the Reef Fleet Terminal (RFT) located 1,Spence Str Cairns .
What To Expect
Enjoy coffee, tea, and light snacks prior to departure, then relax on the outdoor sundeck or air-conditioned interior as your vessel cruises to Upolu Cay. Receive a safety briefing from the expert crew to prepare for the day ahead.
Explore Upolu Cay and take a glass-bottom boat from the catamaran to Upolu Cay, located on the Great Barrier Reef. Hop in the sheltered turquoise water to snorkel or scuba dive among an astounding array of coral, colorful fish, and other sea creatures.
Cruise to the next destination while enjoying a delicious buffet lunch with dishes such as smoked salmon, chilled prawns, cold chicken and other meats, accompanied by salad and fresh bread.
Arrive at the outer edge of Upolu Reef at a site known as the Wonder Wall. From the ocean floor, the Wonder Wall extends 46 feet (14 meters) high, reaching to just below the water's surface. Both snorkelers and divers can explore and marvel at the variety of marine life, including hard and soft corals, reef fish, giant clams and turtles. With an expert guide, take an informative tour and drift snorkel around the site.
Cruise back to Cairns snacking on a selection of tropical fruit, cheese, crackers, and cakes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 75 people ensures a unique and personalized experience
- The order in which the snorkeling and dive sites are visited may changes as it is dependent on the conditions on the day
- Please note: All divers will be required to complete a medical questionnaire on board prior to diving. Please only book the diving options if you have no medical conditions or taking medication as some conditions/medication preclude you from diving
- Near public transportation
- Industry COVID-SAFE Plan in place - "Good to go" . Sanitisation stations will be available at check-in, on board as well as high-touch areas being sanitised regularly.Contact details will be required at the time of booking if not already sent. Upon arrival, questions will be asked regarding travel in the last 14 days, contact with any Covid-19 positive individuals and potential symptoms – answers to these questions may impact your ability to travel and will be at the discretion of the crew on the day.
- Please bring own pen and drink bottle if preferred . Food will be served under strict hygiene measures.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 75 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cairns Premier Reef & Island Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands