Explore our promoted experiences
- Experience a 'Welcome to the Country' smoking ceremony by a traditional owner of the land
- Learn traditional Aboriginal hunting, fishing and gathering techniques with the Kubirri Warra brothers at Cooya Beach
- Enjoy a morning tea and a lunch that incorporates bush foods and flavors
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people ensures an intimate experience with your guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
When you arrive at Cooya Beach, take an informative walk with one of the Kubirri Warra brothers around their traditional lands. Learn Aboriginal hunting techniques including spear–handling, then observe techniques for tracking fish, mud crabs and mussels in the mangroves. Look for wildlife, try bush tucker (food) and hear about medicinal plants in the area.
The brothers demonstrate the use of certain Aboriginal tools. As you relax on the beach after your walk. Snack on morning tea that includes fresh homemade damper (bread cooked over a campfire), the seafood caught on your walk, and tea or coffee while gazing at the ocean.
After a memorable visit with the Kubirri Warra brothers, continue to nearby Mossman Gorge, located on outskirts of Daintree Rainforest. Experience the ‘welcome to country’ ceremony performed by the traditional owners of the land. The spiritual ceremony provides protection and cleansing for your visit to the Mossman Gorge, the traditional land of the Kuku Yalanji people.
At the Mossman Gorge Centre, have lunch and take a look at the art gallery, which features indigenous artists from across North Queensland and Kuku Yalanji.
Daintree National Park protects one of the world's oldest rainforest — in existence for more than 120 million years. When booking, please choose from one of the following options for your afternoon in Daintree:
Guided Daintree Tour:
Walk through the lush rainforest with your expert guide who will provide informative commentary as you follow sturdy boardwalks, tracks and bridges. Discover the beauty and history of this unique World Heritage environment as you wander through the rainforest and along the banks of the pristine waters of Mossman Gorge. You'll also learn about resident animal and plant life of this biologically rich forest.
Aboriginal Ngadiku Walk:
An experienced indigenous guide shares Aboriginal traditions and culture as you walk together through the rainforest. See traditional huts along private walking trails and learn about the deep relationship between the indigenous peoples and their environment. Your guide demonstrates how to use plants to make soaps, medicine and ochre paint, and how to find identify bush food. Your guide’s stories illuminate the Aboriginal perspective on the land and Dreamtime stories.
Please note: this tour is not suitable for people with limited mobility. A reasonable level of fitness is required to fully enjoy the experience. Tour may operate in reverse due to tides at Cooya Beach.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants are not recommended
- Tour size - Minimum 4, Maximum 16 people
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring sun protection, insect repellant and a bottle of water.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Adventure North Australia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms