Don’t worry—here are some similar options
3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Celebrate the yuletide season with a festive 3-hour tour of Budapest’s Christmas markets. Soak up the magic of winter in the city as you visit four different Christmas markets, shop for traditional handicrafts and gifts, and sample an array of flavorsome holiday foods. Sip mulled wine, munch on stuffed flatbread and taste delicious strudel while hearing about Hungary’s unique Christmas traditions from your guide. This small-group tour is limited to 8 people to ensure a personalized experience.
- 3-hour Christmas markets walking tour of Budapest
- Get in the Christmas mood at four different festive markets
- Browse the traditional handicrafts including puppets and tree ornaments
- Sip mulled wine and sample festive foods like stuffed flatbread, sausages and chimney cake
- Learn about Hungarian Christmas traditions from a local guide
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
English-speaking, food-specialized guide
Generous seasonal food and drink tastings (enough to serve as lunch!
Tour includes visits to four Christmas markets in Pest
Many stops for photos, questions and some Christmas shopping
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Three-hour tour, from 11am - 2pm (unless otherwise requested)
- This is a seasonal tour, subject to the opening times of Christmas Markets.
- This is a small group tour (which means minimum of 2 guests and maximum of 8 guests).
- If you would rather have a private tour (which can be customized), please choose the "Private Tour" option when booking.
- Though there will be plenty of eating breaks, be prepared to cover a lot of ground on your feet during this tour. Also, make sure you dress warmly!
- Make sure you advise about any dietary requirements or allergies you may have!
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Taste Hungary
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Budapest Christmas Market & Food Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Budapest Christmas Market & Food Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Budapest Christmas Market & Food Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Budapest Christmas Market & Food Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Budapest Christmas Market & Food Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursChristmasWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeHoliday & Seasonal ToursTours & SightseeingBudapestFood Tours - BratislavaChristmas - BratislavaWalking Tours - BratislavaHalf-day Tours - BratislavaFood Tours - SchwechatChristmas - SchwechatWalking Tours - SchwechatHalf-day Tours - SchwechatFood Tours - ViennaChristmas - ViennaWalking Tours - ViennaHalf-day Tours - ViennaCategory
Lake BalatonBuda Castle Funicular (Budavári Sikló)Zwack Museum and Visitors' CentreDohány Street SynagogueHungarian National Gallery (Magyar Nemzeti Galéria)Hungarian Academy of SciencesBudapest History Museum (Castle Museum)Museum of Fine Arts Budapest (Szépmuvészeti Múzeum)Hospital in the Rock Nuclear Bunker Museum (Sziklakórház Atombunker Múzeum)Hungarian National Museum (Magyar Nemzeti Múzeum)Chain Bridge (Széchenyi Lanchid) Elisabeth Bridge (Erzsébet Híd)3D Gallery BudapestDanube Palace (Duna Palota)Rudas Thermal Baths (Rudas Gyógyfürdo)MiniversumHouse of Hungarian Art Nouveau (Magyar Szecesszió Háza)Kazinczy Street SynagogueHungarian State Opera House (Magyar Állami Operaház)Sándor Palace (Sándor Palota)