- Cross the border into Bulgaria on a full-day tour from Bucharest
- Explore the medieval city of Veliko Tarnovo, nestled in the foothills of the Balkan Mountains
- Learn about Bulgaria's medieval history from a knowledgeable guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at centrally located hotels included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to organise the tour
- A current, valid passport is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of the day and traffic conditions
- Children under 4 years-old cannot join shared tours. Please contact us for a private tour offer
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please, make sure you owe all the necessary documents and permissions for crossing the border.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Romania
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Things are cheaper in Bulgaria than Romania, so don't exchange too much money." See review
- "I would recommend tour guides wear name tags or give a name card, travellers are so tired we do forget names sometimes." See review
- "Be aware that there a lot of steps to climb at both the monastery and at Veliko Tărnovo but the views are outstanding." See review