- 2-hour small-group wine tasting and workshop in central Bordeaux
- Learn about the main French wine regions, such as Bordeaux, Burgundy and Côtes du Rhône, from your professional wine educator
- Taste eight different French wines accompanied by a typical French appetizer platter
- Analyze different aromas of wine and learn the best wine-tasting techniques
- Blend your own wine during the workshop
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Bordovino a la Francaise Appartment Please be there 5min before the activity starts (10.25am)
What To Expect
Find out how to decipher a French wine label. Learn how to identify a wine's aromas and flavors and how to interpret the color of a wine. As you taste, you'll no doubt start to develop – or enhance existing – preferences for these different wine characteristics. This is a skill that will serve you well long after you leave the class, since you'll learn how to not only identify but also describe the wines you like best.
At the conclusion of the lesson, you'll put all this new-found knowledge to use by creating a custom blend of your own wine using two varietals local to Bordeaux – Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. Throughout the workshop, you'll sample eight different wines and nibble on hors d'oeuvres such as cured meats, cheese and fresh bread.
Throughout the workshop, your lesson leader is on hand to answer questions and help enhance the experience. As you depart, you'll get a diploma to remember your educational Bordeaux wine workshop.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY BORDOVINO
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience