Explore our promoted experiences
- Round-trip scenic airplane flight between Cape Reinga and Paihia via the North Island
- Guided driving tour around the top of New Zealand
- Walk around the Cape Reinga Lighthouse, where the Tasman Sea meets the Pacific Ocean
- Enjoy morning tea with freshly baked treats
- See the Te Paki quicksand stream with its giant sand dunes
Departure & Return
The Salt Air office at Kerikeri airport is located to the left of the main terminal.
What To Expect
After hotel pickup in Paihia, fly above gorgeous oceanic landscapes, including secluded harbors and Ninety Mile Beach, en route to Cape Reinga. Upon landing, hop inside a minibus for a tour with a knowledgeable guide, who introduces you to key highlights with commentary about the area’s historical and natural features.
Stop at Cape Reinga Lighthouse for a walk around, and witness the convergence of the Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean. Enjoy fresh oven-baked treats for morning tea, and then take a dip at Tapotupotu Bay. Finish with a stop at the Te Paki quicksand stream where you can try to surf down giant sand dunes.
Soar over more coastal scenery, including Parengarenga Harbour and Great Exhibition Bay, on the return flight to the Bay of Islands. Finally, finish with a hotel drop-off in Paihia.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All departures are subject to weather conditions
- During the winter months, due to wet weather, the aircraft may not be able to land at Cape Reinga; on these occasions a 2-hour extended scenic flight option over the Cape area will be offered
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY Salt Air Limited
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.