- Half-day R. Tucker Thompson tall ship cruise in the Bay of Islands
- Sail the waters on a replica vintage schooner
- Bite into fresh scones, sip cream tea and enjoy a BBQ lunch served on board
- Anchor at a secluded bay for a swim
- Includes round-trip ferry transport from Paihia to Russell, if option selected
Departure & Return
We provide free ferry transfers to and from Paihia to Russell
What To Expect
Embark on a 5.5-hour sailing tour through the Bay of Islands, and enjoy the New Zealand tradition of morning tea with freshly baked scones and Devonshire tea brewed in the galley. You can take the helm, help set the sails or just catch the breeze on the spacious deck while you listen to tales from the crew about the tall ship's adventures at sea.
Your skipper anchors the R. Tucker Thompson in a sheltered cove at lunchtime. Step ashore at one of the bay’s secluded islands or swing from the yardarm and splash into the water for a swim. With all this sea air and activity you'll have a hearty appetite, taken care of by a tasty barbecue lunch cooked on board.
Then climb the rigging to keep a lookout for fairy penguins, dolphins and seabirds on the return to Russell.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Please talk to us about any physical disabilities. We try hard to accommodate all travelers!
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 47 travelers
- OPERATED BY R. Tucker Thompson
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Great crew, well worth taking time out to go on this excellent sail training vessel." See review