- Learn about the Bay of Islands' native wildlife, geology, and legends
- Stay active with stops for water sports and beach time
- Hike and snap 360-degree views on two of the most spectacular islands
- Great way to sample the best of the North Island archipelago in just a half day
Departure & Return
Check-in Location: Salt Air Office ( Helicopter Office next to the Paihia Wharf) 15 minutes before your departure time Directions: Meet at the Salt Air Office (next to Paihia Wharf) 15 minutes before your departure time Return Location: Paihia Wharf
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS: If you are arriving in Waitangi Wharf, the cruiseship provides FREE shuttle buses for cruise ship guests to transfer you into Paihia (5 minute bus ride)
- The bus will drop you off outside the Paihia Wharf next to our check-in location - SALT AIR HELICOPTER OFFICE
- PLEASE BRING LUNCH IF YOU HAVE NOT PRE-ORDERED A LUNCH PACK AT TIME OF BOOKING
- Suitable for families, couples and solo travellers
- Suitable for all ages
- Please bring a swimsuit & towel, and appropriate clothing for the day
- Please bring lunch& drink for the day
- Minimum numbers apply. (3 people) There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of departure will forfeit 100% of the ticket cost
- No-show will forfeit 100% of the ticket cost
- Cruise-ship guests need to insure their travel insurance covers them in the unlikely event that the cruise-ship does not stop in port, as we are unable to refund in these situations.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sea Shuttle Bay of Islands
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands