- 2-day adventure to Banyuwangi and Ijen Crater from Denpasar with a private local guide
- Stop for photos of the Indonesian rainforest in Bali Barat National Park
- Take a short ferry ride from Bali to Java
- Tour the village of Banyuwangi by pedi-cab
- Visit a traditional Indonesian market and old Chinese temple, Hoo Tong Bio
- Hike up to Ijen Crater (Kawah Ijen), home to the world's most acidic lake, and watch men mining sulfur from the crater floor
- 4-star accommodation, meals and private transport included
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start your exploration of Java, departing your Denpasar hotel for the trip to the seaport of Gilimanuk on Bali's west coast. Along the way you'll pass the beautiful Bali Barat National Park, a sprawling 73 square mile (190 sq km) preserve of endangered plants and birds, and stop for a few photo opportunities among the brilliant-green rice paddies majestic coastline. Reach Gilimanuk and hop aboard your ferry for the ride to Java. Arriving in Java, spend the afternoon exploring the town of Banyuwangi, where you'll explore its traditional market and Hoo Tong Bio, one of the island's oldest Chinese temples. Finish your day at your 4-star hotel accommodations to relax, have dinner and rest up for day two.
During your second day you'll head by 4WD vehicle to explore the beautiful Ijen Crater. Drive up the slope of Mount Ijen, which last erupted in 1999, continuing by foot to reach the crater. Upon reaching the crater, take time to admire the brilliant colors of the mineral rich water, painted in eye-popping turquoise and brilliant yellow. Then continue with your guide for the return to your Bali hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities, using a wheelchair or for children who need strollers
- Your hike has a physical difficulty of moderate to strenuous, depending on physical fitness
- Mon-Fri: 0800 - 1700 hrs -> Sat/Sun/Public Holiday: 0800 - 1700 hrs: Tel. 0361 708765
- Out Of Office Number (Emergency Call): Tel. +62 81 238 14202
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour East Indonesia
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff