2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Watch more than a million bats fly out of the Congress Avenue Bridge on an evening kayak tour of Austin that’s timed to catch the spectacular natural show. Observing the Congress Avenue Bridge bats from a kayak means you don’t have to find a spot among the crowds on the riverbank, giving you a front-row seat as the Mexican free-tailed bats take to the sky.
- No experience needed: Included lesson gets you out on the water
- See the Congress Avenue Bridge bats from the river
- Great chance to see the city lights after dark
- Convenient departure point in a central location
Saved to wishlist!
Paddle lesson and safety instructions
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
600 E Riverside Dr , 600 E Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704, USAThis activity will end right where it started.
On the right side of the Cidercade, located down the driveway.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Recommend you wear swimsuit, windbreaker jacket, or lightly layered synthetic clothing
- Bring sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, waterproof camera, bottle water, bug repellent, towel, and extra change of clothes
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Lone Star Kayak Tours, llc.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Congress Avenue Bat Bridge Kayak Tour in Austin
2 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Audio GuidesWater ToursKayakingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportAustinAudio Guides - TexasWater Tours - TexasKayaking - TexasCategory
Austin Paramount Theatre Tours & TicketsTexas Governor's Mansion Tours & TicketsAustin Aquarium Tours & TicketsAustin Convention Center Tours & TicketsFrench Legation Museum Tours & Tickets2nd Street District Tours & TicketsMexic-Arte Museum Tours & TicketsMayfield Park and Preserve Tours & TicketsLady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center Tours & TicketsSouth Congress Avenue (SoCo) Tours & TicketsHOPE Outdoor Gallery (HOG) Tours & TicketsLBJ Presidential Library Tours & TicketsDriskill Hotel (The Driskill) Tours & TicketsZilker Metropolitan Park Tours & TicketsBullock Texas State History Museum Tours & Tickets