- Experience the best of the outback and Australia’s Red Center on this all-inclusive tour
- Peruse informative displays about local Aboriginal cultures at the Cultural Centre
- Follow your guide on the Mala Walk around Uluru, the iconic rock formation that stands about 1,142 feet (348 meters) high
- Enjoy the sunset at Uluru while munching on Aussie barbecue and sipping a glass of bubbly
- Includes three meals, all transportation, entrance tickets and experienced guides
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Travel through the West MacDonnell Ranges heading towards your first stop at Erldunda Roadhouse for a buffet breakfast. You'll take rest stops during the 6-hour drive and your guide provides a packed lunch to eat during the final 10 miles (18 km) that lead to World Heritage-listed Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park.
Upon arrival in the national park, head to Walpa Gorge for your first walk. View the dome-shaped rock formations of Kata Tjuta from a close vantage point as you walk about 1.5 miles (2.6km). Then learn more about the Aboriginal Pitjantjatjara people and Central Australia at the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre.
Next, go to the base of Uluru (Ayers Rock) for the Mala Walk, which features fine examples of Aboriginal rock art, plus sheer rock walls and important sites for the Aboriginal people. Then drive to the other side of Uluru for a short walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole. As you marvel at the shimmering water and red rock, learn from your guide about the legend of the ancestral water snake named Wanampi.
Before sundown, go to the Uluru sunset viewing area for the highlight of the day: watching the sun set over Uluru. Sip a glass of bubbly and appetizers as the sky changes color, then feast on a classic Australian barbecue dinner buffet.
When night falls, start the drive back to to Alice Springs where your tour ends with hotel drop-off late at night.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear strong, non-slip walking shoes
- Please bring hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and 1.5 liter water bottle
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 52 travelers
- OPERATED BY Emu Run Experience
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 31 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 30 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 4–30 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.