- Walk through the Christchurch Botanic Gardens
- See central Christchurch and the rebuilding process after the earthquake
- Visit a sheep farm to see sheep dogs at work and watch a sheep-shearing demonstration
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
From the Main Wharf in Akaroa, head down to the end where you will see the Akaroa I-Site and a small park on the right-hand side. Next to the Canon statue, a representative will be waiting for you. Please arrive by 10.15am for a 10.30am departure.
What To Expect
On arrival in ‘The Garden City,’ soak up the highlights of New Zealand's second-largest city during a guided tour. Walk through the Christchurch Botanic Gardens; see the Museum and Art Centre, Avon River and the Bridge of Remembrance; and learn about recovery efforts after the 2011 earthquake destroyed much of the city center.
Then set out into the Canterbury Plains, traveling just 30 minutes from Christchurch into the heart of sheep-farming country. You’ll visit a working sheep farm, set in a bucolic locale. Admire the sheep dogs rounding up the flock, then pet the sheep and watch a sheep-shearing demonstration — you can even try your hand at it, if you wish.
Enjoy afternoon tea before your tour ends at the cruise port to meet your ship.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.