Taft Point Tours
Read MoreShow Less
The trail to Taft Point offers some of the best views in Yosemite National Park. The viewpoint is an excellent overlook of El Capitan mountain and the valley’s golden meadows.
The 2.2 mile, moderate roundtrip hike to Taft Point is well-shaded by tall trees. Winding through an open meadow area, you can see white quartz and granite hills surrounded by dark green pine forest. The hike is relatively easy given the payoff of the dramatic views once you reach the point.
Most of the trail is flat. There are also vertical cracks visible in the granite cliffs — these are known as The Fissures. The rocky cracks drop all the way down to the valley floor at points and are an impressive natural sight. You can also see Yosemite Falls from the point at the canyon’s edge (not recommended for those with a fear of heights!)
To get to the Taft Point trailhead, take Glacier Point Road up from the Yosemite Valley floor. It’s about a 40 minute drive, with a small section for parking at Taft Point/Sentinel Dome. The trail forks left for Taft Point and is well-marked. Check road conditions before heading out. Weather is best for hiking March to November.
Address: Glacier Point Road, Yosemite National Park, California, USA, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Taft Point
No results found!
Things to do near Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Lake Tahoe
- Things to do in Oakland
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Baja California