Pioneer Yosemite History Center
Before there were tourists, photographers, rock climbers, campers, backpackers, and hikers, Yosemite was a place where hardy pioneers would live off the land and brave harsh winters in a daily struggle to survive. Though the park’s facilities are more modern today, you can step back in time to those early days on a visit to Pioneer Yosemite History Center, located in the town of Wawona.
The center is comprised of historical buildings that were built throughout Yosemite Valley but relocated here to Wawona in the 1950s and 60s. See the barn where stagecoaches were prepped for the 8-hour ride to the valley, and homesteader cabins where families would live while ranching and raising their cattle. You can watch a blacksmith work in the shop or learn about cavalry who patrolled the park’s boundary from high atop the saddle. Rather than depicting an historical village, the Pioneer Yosemite History Center is a collection of different eras in the Yosemite Valley’s development, and makes for an informative and educational stop on any Yosemite National Park day tour.
Browse. Filter. Book.
Should I book Pioneer Yosemite History Center tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Pioneer Yosemite History Center 2020?
What's the best way to experience Pioneer Yosemite History Center?
- Full-Day Small Group Yosemite & Glacier Point Tour Including Hotel Pickup
- Hummer 4 X 4 Tour of Yosemite - with Hotel Pickup !
- Jeep 4 X 4 Yosemite Park Tour with Hotel Pickup
Things to do near Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Lake Tahoe
- Things to do in Oakland
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Baja California