Top Activities on the Ground in Sydney
- See more of Sydney by touring the city on foot, by bike, or on an electric bike.
- Explore local neighborhoods such as Darlinghurst, Surry Hills, Kings Cross, and The Rocks.
- Discover the city’s hidden sights and little-known landmarks with the help of a local guide.
- Opt for a private or small-group tour for a more personalized experience.
56 results | All Sydney Tours
* A traveler said: "One of the best days ever! Mike, our tour guide was amazing, he knew so much and was so informative. Could not recommend this enough and a must do if in Sydney"
* A traveler said: "Easy walking very informative talk, leant a lot more about the rocks & visited places not seen before. Excellent tour. Very good tour guide."
* A traveler said: "This was one of the best tours we have ever done. Our guide, April, was fantastic. She was both knowledgeable and entertaining. Whoever said history was boring has never taken a tour with April. If you only do one guided tour while you are in Sydney, this has to be the one."
* A traveler said: "First time in Australia from the U.K., the trip to Taronga was great! Ferry on time, friendly staff & made us a memorable time. The time Taronga was far exceeded our expectations! Beautiful, clean, brilliant animals & staff, very friendly & helpful - didn’t want to leave!"
* A traveler said: "Had a great time. Rob, our guide, did an outstanding job. He made the tour a lot of fun with interesting facts and stories about the area and culture. The beer was good as well."
* A traveler said: "Jim, captain James and crew. Great afternoon of portering around the Harbour. My 7 yo nephew Leo was so happy to be able to have a go at steering the ship. The experience overall was just the right amount of time for a young boy's attention span. Thanking you for helping me make my Aunty's weekend memorable for him."
* A traveler said: "This walking tour is a great way to visit historic “The Rocks” Sydney neighborhood and enjoy craft beer at 4 pubs. Our guide Adam had a wealth of history about the Rocks as well as knowledge of the beer at each stop. If you don’t like beer, you can have a glass of wine instead"
* A traveler said: "Fabulous day. Wonderful way to see some great parts of the city. Linda our tour guide took some great photos of the day for us to remember our trip to Sydney. Good value for your money. Really enjoyed it."
* A traveler said: "We thoroughly enjoyed our ebike tour. Dave our guide went above and beyond to accommodate our needs and time restrictions. He was very informative & our stops were great photo opportunities . Thank you Dave, we will definitely do this again!"
* A traveler said: "Fantastic day Amazing area of the world Very knowledgeable and good guide Reccomend to anyone wanting to know more of the area"
* A traveler said: "I loved everything about this adventure and the tour company! First, I had some scheduling challenges and James from Eagle Rock Adventure was supremely accommodating and responsive which allowed me to join the day's activities. The abseiling and canyoning was AWESOME! The guides, Ryan and Sean, were fantastic in that they gave excellent instructions but also gave us room to learn by doing; perfect balance between guidance and independence. The abseiling and canyoning were physically challenging and exhilarating all at the same time. And the setting was GORGEOUS! As a bonus, I met a group of really nice people who were interested in having a great time outdoors and supporting each other on the adventure. This trip was absolutely one of the highlights of my Australian vacation."
* A traveler said: "Scott showed us a wonderful time visiting the Blue Mountains. He was attentive, professional, and helpful. I would high recommend this tour of the Blue Mountains."
* A traveler said: "Our guide was one of the best guide I ever had. He was knowledgeable, always made sure they we take care of and wanted us to have a great time which we did. Plus he would go out of way to make sure we enjoy every moment. For an example, One of are party wanted to retake the railroad up and down the hill again he let her after asking us do we mind. I wish I did it with her. Rain forest was outstanding because our guide answered all of our questions, ."
* A traveler said: "Pickup was on time. Safety equipment was fitted and explained. Craig gave a running commentary and fully answered all of our questions. We booked the tour on a lark (we aren’t riders) but we really had a great time. Exceeded our expectations."
* A traveler said: "Nice trip, a lot of walking (medium trail- so little physical ability required- and comfortable walking shoes (not sandals!). Unfortunately sunset was very short (because of clouds coming down very fast). All in all- superb nature and a candy for photographers"
* A traveler said: "Bought this as a Xmas present for my husband, whilst we were touring Australia. He absolutely loved it, and couldn't recommend Travis highly enough.|The course was excellent and the whole package was professionally managed and presented.|Would absolutely recommend for any golf fan."
* A traveler said: "A great way to explore hidden gems across a city, learn more about its history and significant events. Brilliant way to work out what you’d like to spend more time doing or exploring another day. Thoroughly recommend this!"
* A traveler said: "We thoroughly enjoyed the Discovery Kayaking Tour. Prior communication with Paddlecraft was very responsive, informative and uncomplicated, such as change of date, weather conditions, what to wear, parking possibilities etc. Helen and Phil fitted us with life vests and gave us a "dry" introduction to kayaking. All in a very personal pleasent and friendly fashion. On the water, Helen and Phil made sure everyone felt comfortable and safe. With various stops on the way, Phil gave very informative and passionate commentry on the Pittwater, the National Park's background, history, aboriginal background, flora and fauna and how to respect this environment. We stopped at a beach for a short and easy walk to the Elvina Waterfalls, again with very informative commentry on flora and bush tucker by Phill, followed by a moring tea break, all included in the tour. We definately recommend this tour. A totally different way to get to know the Pittwater region."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Fun & Games
- Motor Sports
- Nature and Wildlife
- On the Ground
- Bike Rentals
- Golf Tours & Tee Times
- Motorcycle Tours
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Outback Tours
- Running Tours
- Scavenger Hunts
- On the Water
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Sydney Tower Eye
- State Library of New South Wales
- Avalon Beach
- Hunter Valley Gardens
- Cockle Bay
- Rose Bay
- Goat Island
- Royal Botanic Garden and The Domain
- Pylon Lookout
- White Bay Cruise Terminal (WBCT)
- Botany Bay
- Hyde Park Barracks Museum
- Sydney Jewish Museum
- Sydney Cricket Ground
- Hyde Park
- Watsons Bay
- Madame Tussauds Sydney
- Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Oxford Street
- Australian National Maritime Museum
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
Day Trips from Sydney
- Sydney to New South Wales
- Sydney to Manly Beach
- Sydney to Bondi Beach
- Sydney to Darling Harbour
- Sydney to Blue Mountains
- Sydney to Sydney Fish Market (SFM)
- Sydney to Watsons Bay
- Sydney to Palm Beach
- Sydney to Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Sydney to Hunter Valley Gardens
- Sydney to Whale Beach
- Sydney to Southern Highlands
- Sydney to Jervis Bay
- Sydney to Newcastle
- Sydney to Hunter Valley