Things to Do in St. Petersburg This Spring
After the long winter months, St. Petersburg wastes no time in celebrating the warmer temperatures. Whether you want to stroll through the royal parks, attend a spring festival, or take a day trip—here are some ideas for things to do in St. Petersburg this spring.
- Admire landmarks such as the Winter Palace and the Peter and Paul Fortress from the water as you cruise along the Neva River.
- Join the citywide celebrations and watch the fireworks displays and parades for Labor Day (May 1) and Victory Day (May 9).
- Attend a ballet performance at the famous Mariinsky Theatre during the annual International Ballet Festival.
- Make the most of the smaller spring crowds at attractions such as St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Hermitage, and the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood.
- Take a day trip to Peterhof Grand Palace and gardens, and watch the fountain show, which starts up in May.
- Discover Russian cuisine in a cooking class with a professional chef.
- Visit the Catherine Palace and Pushkin Palace on a day tour and enjoy a guided walk around the palace gardens.
9 Tours and Activities
- Top Day Trips from St. Petersburg
- Don't-Miss Dishes in St. Petersburg
- Where to Find the Best Views in St. Petersburg
- Art Lover's Guide to St. Petersburg
- Romantic Things to Do in St. Petersburg
- Ways to Beat the Crowds in St. Petersburg
- Must-See Museums in St. Petersburg
- Things to Do in St. Petersburg This Spring