Planet Neptune Oceanarium
The first aquarium of its kind in Russia, the Planet Neptune Oceanarium transports visitors into an underwater world, with more than 4,500 fish and marine creatures. Over 150 different species are represented, including sharks, seals, stingrays, moray eels, and a variety of Russian fish.
Entry tickets to the Oceanarium, located inside the giant Planet Neptune shopping center, include full and unlimited access to the aquarium. Visitors can explore the 33 tanks at their own pace, including a walk-through tunnel, a coral reef zone, and the main aquarium, which houses five different species of shark. Daily demonstrations are also held at the aquarium, and visitors can watch as aquarists scuba dive in the tanks to feed the sharks and train the seals.
Things to Know Before You Go
Plan around an hour to visit the Oceanarium.
The Planet Neptune shopping mall has restrooms, ATMs, and a choice of cafés and restaurants.
The Oceanarium is fully wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
The Oceanarium is located inside the Planet Neptune shopping mall in central St. Petersburg. It’s a 5-minute walk from the Vitebsky Railway Station, while the closest metro stations are Zvenigorodskaya (line 5) and Pushkinskaya (line 1).
When to Get There
The Oceanarium is open daily, but it’s worth checking the schedule in advance and timing your visit to watch the feeding and training shows. No shows are held on Mondays, and the Oceanarium is sometimes closed on the last Monday of the month.
Planet Neptune Shopping Mall
The Oceanarium is one of a number of attractions at the Planet Neptune shopping and entertainment center. Also on-site are the Dino Park, an interactive dinosaur-themed museum aimed at younger children, and the Horrors of St. Petersburg museum, along with dozens of shops (including many brand names), restaurants, and cafés.
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Moscow
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Nizhny Novgorod
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Volga Region
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Dostoevsky Museum
- Monument to Catherine II (Pamyatnik Ekaterina II)
- Alexandrinsky Theatre
- Anichkov Palace
- Nevsky Prospekt
- Fabergé Museum
- The Anna Akhmatova Museum
- Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan (Kazansky Sobor)
- St. Nicholas Naval Cathedral (St. Nicholas Cathedral of the Epiphany)
- Russian Museum of Ethnography
- Yusupov Palace (Yusupovsky Dvorets)
- Stroganov Palace (Stroganovsky Dvorets)
- State Russian Museum (Russkiy Muzey)
- Mikhailovsky Castle (St. Michael's Castle)
- The General Staff Building