Cerro Verde National Park Tours and Activities
With its trio of volcanic peaks encircled by lush jungle, a vast network of hiking trails and the nearby crater lake of Coatepeque, the Cerro Verde National Park presents one of El Salvador’s most startlingly beautiful landscapes.
The main pastime for visitors to the Cerro Verde National Park is hiking and its three volcanoes, Izalco, Cerro Verde and Santa Ana, are all easily accessible. The highest point is the 2,381-meter summit of Santa Ana, El Salvador’s highest and most active volcano, capped with four craters and a glistening green crater lake, but equally dazzling are the views from neighboring Izalco, nicknamed the “Lighthouse of the Pacific” for its near-continuous eruptions over 160 years. Another highlight is climbing the eponymous peak and hikers scaling the now-extinct Cerro Verde volcano will find the mountaintop cloud forest filled with colorful birdlife, including hummingbirds, jays and emerald toucanets.
Tours and Activities to Experience Cerro Verde National Park
Frequently Asked Questions
- Santa Ana Volcano Hiking Tour + Coatepeque Lake Sightseeing
- Combo Tour: Colonial Route & Volcanoes of El Salvador
- El Salvador Santa Ana Volcano Hike
- 2 Different Sightseeing in 1 Day Tour - Volcanoes Park and Two Mayan Sites.
- Things to do in San Luis Talpa
- Things to do in Puerto Quetzal
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in Flores
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Western Highlands