Top San Francisco Air Tours
Saved to wishlist!
Private and Luxury
Private Sightseeing Tours
Likely To Sell Out
In the Air
Read MoreShow Less
Get an aerial view of San Francisco’s most important landmarks on a seaplane tour that takes in the hills of wine country and the blue expanses of the Pacific Ocean and the San Francisco Bay. Read on for your options.
- Take to the air for a comprehensive tour of the Bay Area and see famous areas such as downtown San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Muir Woods, and more.
- Avoid the congestion of on-the-ground sightseeing by flying over San Francisco to see how the city fits into the greater context of the rugged California coastline.
- Opt for a combo tours to spot the city’s most important landmarks from the sky, then take off to Alcatraz Island.
- Choose a romantic seaplane tour for two to sip champagne in the sky at sunset.
- For an in-depth North Bay tour, explore Marin County by air and enjoy a private tour of Muir Woods and Sausalito, with included transportation, meals, and sparkling wine.
11 results | All San Francisco Tours
Sort by: Featured
Fly in a helicopter over San Francisco's most famous landmarks on this scenic tour. Fly over the city's neighborhoods, then head for Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Continue towards Angel Island and the Marin Headlands while you enjoy choreographed musical accompaniment and informative commentary from your expert pilot.
If you’re short on time but still want to explore San Francisco’s most prized areas, this San Francisco Bay Helicopter Tour allows you to do just that. Fly above the city and its popular landmarks like Coit Tower and the Golden Gate Bridge, as well as surrounding areas like Half Moon Bay. Plus, you’ll also get a glimpse of Alcatraz Island without having to take a boat—perfect for travelers who get sea sick.
Take to the sky and soar over San Francisco on an exhilarating helicopter tour. During the flight, get an unbeatable perspective of iconic attractions like Alcatraz, the Bay Bridge, the Embarcadero, the city’s famous hills, and the San Francisco Bay. During suitable weather conditions, experience the thrill of flying under the Golden Gate Bridge.
Explore one of California's most iconic settings from the beauty of San Francisco Bay. This narrated Golden Gate Bay cruise journeys alongside Alcatraz and Angel Island State Park, past the shores of Sausalito and beneath the Golden Gate Bridge. You can choose to view the sights from inside your boat or out on deck.
See the sights of San Francisco Bay from above on an air tour from the Hayward airport. As you fly through the sky on a 3-passenger plane with an experienced pilot, look down on attractions like Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge and downtown San Francisco.
Get a unique perspective on San Francisco by taking a 1-hour nighttime bus tour. See neighborhoods such as Fisherman's Wharf, Embarcadero, Chinatown and the Financial District while listening to commentary from a live guide. Multiple tour departure times available to suit your schedule.
Bypass the line and head directly to the gate with your prebooked tickets. This sunset cruise takes you across San Francisco Bay with outstanding views of the city skyline, Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco Bay Bridge, and Alcatraz Island. Relax while background music sets the tone. Watch the sunset or select a twilight cruise during winter months.
Ride a double-decker sightseeing bus to San Francisco's most famous landmarks with a choice of 2 different passes. Explore the city's 49 square miles, including stops at big-name attractions like Pier 39, the Palace of Fine Arts and Union Square. Go at your own pace, hopping off at any of 16 stops, exploring at your leisure, and then hopping back on when you're done. Choose the Premium pass to include a night tour or a Deluxe pass for an additional 24 hours of hop-on-hop-off and a night tour.
Brave San Francisco’s dark and ghostly past on a real ghost hunt through old Chinatown alleys. You’ll use modern ghost hunting gear, including your own EMF detector during the tour. After meeting near historic Portsmouth Square (after dark, of course), a local guide escorts you down haunted alleys, through mysterious neighborhoods, and around historic street corners. Stand atop old Gold Rush cemeteries, learn of paranormal activity following mysterious deaths, visit the site of infamous brothels, hear about Gold Rush–era hauntings, and how Chinatown’s gang wars shocked the city. Your tour ends back near Portsmouth Square. This tour is not recommended for children under 13.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Enjoy epic aerial views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz, among other city highlights, on this 1-hour guided air tour. Fly from the suburb of Hayward in a Cessna with a pilot/guide at the helm, who will fill you in on the history and culture of the city through guided commentary in English or Spanish.
The Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Bay Bridge, Alcatraz, and Coit Tower are must-sees of San Francisco, but it can be difficult to see them all during one trip or outing. Prebook this San Francisco Sunset Flight Tour and see those sights and more in just one night. Enjoy flying over the city as the sun sets and take in some of the best views of all it has to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Air Tours in San Francisco?
The best Air Tours in San Francisco according to Viator travelers are:
What Air Tours in San Francisco are 1 hour or less?
Air Tours in San Francisco that are 1 hour or less are:
What Air Tours in San Francisco are taking additional safety precautions?
These San Francisco experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Air Tours in San Francisco are good for avoiding crowds?
- Art & Culture
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- In the Air
- Air Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- On the Water
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Air Tours
- Bus Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Walking Tours
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- De Young Museum
- Sutro Baths
- Conservatory of Flowers
- San Francisco Bay
- Seward Street Slides
- Barbary Coast Trail
- Nob Hill
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area
- Russian Hill
- War Memorial Opera House
- Hyde Street Pier
- Baker Beach
- USS Pampanito
- San Francisco Japantown
- Yerba Buena Gardens
- Market Street
- Cliff House
- James R. Herman Cruise Terminal at Pier 27
- Mission District
- Cable Car Museum
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon
Day Trips from San Francisco
- San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
- San Francisco to Muir Woods
- San Francisco to Alcatraz
- San Francisco to Napa & Sonoma
- San Francisco to Fisherman's Wharf
- San Francisco to Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco to Union Square
- San Francisco to Castello di Amorosa
- San Francisco to Pebble Beach
- San Francisco to 17-Mile Drive
- San Francisco to Monterey Fisherman’s Wharf
- San Francisco to El Capitan
- San Francisco to Half Dome
- San Francisco to Yosemite Falls
- San Francisco to Santa Rosa
- San Francisco to San Jose
- San Francisco to Sausalito