Tomales Bay Oyster Company Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Tomales Bay Oyster Company, which dates back to 1909, is California’s oldest shellfish farm. It’s situated north of San Francisco on the shores of Tomales Bay, an inlet between Point Reyes National Seashore, on the western edge of Marin County. Its proximity to San Francisco means city-dwellers flock here on the weekends to purchase oysters fresh from the sea.
Tomales Bay Oyster Company is located 40 miles (65 kilometers) from San Francisco in the community of Marshall, just north of Point Reyes Station. Unlike neighboring oyster companies, Tomales Bay does not allow on-site picnicking or grilling; you simply buy your oysters and take them to a nearby beach or park to enjoy them. Some Marin County food tours include this as a stop, although many stop at Hog Island Oyster Company or Marshall Store.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Oysters are typically priced by the dozen (or bag of 50) and cost depends on size and type.
- Sauces, lemons, ice, an oyster knife, and shucking gloves are available for purchase.
- Bring a cooler so you can keep your oysters on ice after purchasing.
- Be sure to properly dispose of your oyster shells when you are done picnicking.
How to Get There
From San Francisco via vehicle, head across the Golden Gate Bridge and north along State Route 1 until you reach the oyster farm on the west side of the road, just past Millerton Point.
When to Get There
Tomales Bay Oyster Company is open for oyster sales on Friday 12pm-5pm and Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm. Go early to beat the line.
On your way to Tomales Bay Oyster Company, stop by Tomales Bay Foods in Point Reyes Station to pick up locally made cheeses by Cowgirl Creamery. This Bay Area favorite also has a popular shop in the San Francisco Ferry Building.
Address: 15479 Shoreline Hwy, Marshall, California, USA 94940, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Tomales Bay Oyster Company
No results found!
Things to do near San Francisco
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon