Anchor Brewing Company Tours and Activities
Anchor Steam beer, one of America’s most popular craft brews, first got its name from the nickname “steam” that was historically given to beer created on the West Coast without ice. It may refer to the method in which beers were once fermented on rooftops in San Francisco’s chilly air.
The Anchor Brewing Company has become a trademark of San Francisco, and its brewing site allows for visitors to get a behind-the-scenes glimpse (and taste!) of how the beer is made. It was originally opened by a German man who immigrated during the California Gold Rush. After being revitalized in the 1960s, Anchor Brewing led the way for the popularity of craft beers.
The facility has three floors in total, including large copper kettles, dark wood panels and historic photographs on the walls of its taproom. There you can taste many of the company’s seven beers, and if you’re lucky, one of the seasonal brews will also be on tap.
Tours and Activities to Experience Anchor Brewing Company
Frequently Asked Questions
- Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour
- Muir Woods and Sausalito Half Day Tour (Optional Sausalito Ferry Ticket)
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon