Things to Do in Queenstown with Kids
Queenstown is an outdoor adventure playground, with all kinds of activities to keep your kids happy and tire them out. Whether you have teens with a fondness for extreme sports or a toddler who needs age-appropriate adventures, here are a few suggestions for things to do with kids in Queenstown.
- Explore central Queenstown and its surrounding areas along Lake Wakatipu on a Segway tour with older children.
- Take a gentle hike with smaller kids (either in a hiking pack or a stroller) along the edge of Lake Wakatipu.
- Ride the Skyline cable car (locally called the gondola) to the top of Bob’s Peak for panoramic views of the town, lake, and mountains.
- When the weather is cold or wet, check out Kiwi Birdlife Park to learn about New Zealand’s native flora and fauna, or get lost at Odyssey Sensory Maze.
- Movie buffs—young and old—can join a day trip to places featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films.
- Older kids and parents can join a white-water rafting tour on the Shotover or Kawarau rivers, with various options available to suit all ages and experience level.
- Outdoor Activities in Queenstown
- 3 Days in Queenstown: Suggested Itineraries
- Family Friendly
- White Water Sledging
- Must-See Museums in Queenstown
- Where to Find the Best Views in Queenstown
- First-Timer’s Guide to Queenstown
- Things to Do in Queenstown with Kids
- Don’t Miss These Must-Do Activities in Queenstown
- Queenstown Neighborhood Guide
- Things to Do in Queenstown This Winter