Things to Do in Queenstown This Summer
Summer in Queenstown ushers in long days and plenty of sunshine, so travelers can expect warm weather between December and February. Those temperatures are perfect for outdoor exploring, and adventures abound from the mountains to the edge of Lake Wakatipu. Here’s how to make the most of a summer trip to Queenstown.
- Cruise Milford Sound on a sightseeing cruise.
- Enjoy late-evening light from the Queenstown Skyline Gondola.
- Get aerial views of Fiordland National Park on a scenic flight.
- Paddle the turquoise Dart River in an inflatable “funyak.”
- Dare yourself to try a tandem skydive with unmatched views.
- Board a high-speed jet boat on the gorgeous Shotover River.
- Cruise Doubtful Sound to see an even-more-remote side of Otago.
- Follow in Frodo’s footsteps on a Lord of the Rings tour.
- Try a zipline experience starting at the Skyline Gondola summit.
- Join an Otago wine tour to see vines heavy with ripening grapes.