Things to Do in Queenstown This Spring
Queenstown bursts into bloom for a spring that lasts from September to November. Since there’s still snow in the mountains, you can start the day on the slopes, then head to lower altitude for hiking, cycling, and other warm-weather adventures. Here are a few ways to experience Queenstown in spring.
- Visit The Remarkables for spring skiing and snowboarding.
- Cruise Milford Sound to see waterfalls swollen with spring rains.
- Spot flowering trees as you ride the Queenstown Skyline Gondola.
- Take a scenic flight over Fiordland National Park.
- Explore the Dart River in an easy-to-paddle “funyak.”
- Catch fast-moving spring water on a Shotover River jet-boat ride.
- See new growth at Otago Valley wineries with a wine-tasting tour.
- Hit high speeds on a luge experience and gondola ride.
- Meet baby lambs on a tour of Walter Peak High Country Farm.
- Watch for penguins on a scenic cruise of remote Doubtful Sound.