Top Oaxaca City Car Tours
33 results | All Oaxaca City Tours
* A traveler said: "This ia a very good trip. Lots to see and remember. Due to the COVID-19, some of the Placer remain closes as May 2021. I hope we can return to some kind of normalcy soon."
* A traveler said: "The tour was expertly run, gracious, and very informative. Our archeologist guide, Antonio, was very knowledgeable, and shared his wealth of history & stories with us! Bus was comfy. Buffet lunch was yummy - get the mole!"
* A traveler said: "We were guided by Filomeno to Mitla, the Sunday market at Tlocoluca, and an on-site weaving demonstration at a family business making carpets. Our tour was taken over at Mitla by a gentleman acquainted with Filomeno named Eduardo (I think?.....eek!), whose enthusiasm for and willingness to educate about the pre-Spanish cultures of the Oaxaca Valley were fascinating and exciting. We loved every moment of our stay at Mitla and had it not been so hot (and I so sunburned), we'd have happily stayed several more hours. Filomeno took us to the Sunday market, which was both different from and similar to others I've been to in Mexico (most notably outside of Guadalajara at Tonala). Filomeno helped me identify hand-sewn, locally made items so that I could make educated purchases and graciously answered our countless questions. At the carpet weaving business, we learned a lot more about human and organic chemistry than I expected, and was delighted with the lovely carpet I expect any day now that I'm home. Filomeno's RAV4 was comfortable and the trip was perfect. It was a very memorable day and I can't recommend Oaxaca Conmigo strongly enough. An utter delight and one I will repeat next time I visit!"
* A traveler said: "This was a very busy trip with six stops at Tule, Teotitlan, Hierve, buffet, Mitla, and mezcal tasting, in that order. We had about the right amount of time for each activity but I wish we could have done both the walk and the swim at Hierve. You must choose one or the other. However, I don't know if they could fit more in because it was a long day as it was. Our guide, Angel, was great. He gave a lot of information and tried to keep us organized and on time. However, members of the group were late to meet up on a couple of stops which seems to always happen on tours. Although we had to pay for tickets and buffet, this tour was a great value considering the transportation, guide, and all of the activities. I would highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "The guide at Mitla was full of knowledge and passion. The mezcal salesman was not pushy and aswered all questions. The family,of weavers was very pleasant.The,tour was in english and spanish. Tule was,closed."
* A traveler said: "Angel was a great guide, and did a wonderful job leading the English language group members. His knowledge of the site was impressive! He kept things moving along, so we still had a full hour to explore the site on out own!"
* A traveler said: "If you are interested in the art behind the traditional alebrijes in Oaxaca. This trip was terrific! Great driver. Fun day!"
* A traveler said: "Our driver Miguel was fantastic! Excellent driver, saw what we wanted to see and connected us with nice people at the sites we visited. We booked a private tour for three - money well spent. Comfortable, air-conditioned, new van. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Hugo was an amazing tour guide. He was able to share his vast knowledge about the history of Monte Alban with our group. We also enjoyed learning about some of the areas famous handicrafts. I had a great time and as a solo traveler I feel like I was able to make some new friends."
* A traveler said: "Wow! This was a great tour! We went to some caves hidden on the side of the archeological site Mitla! There were petroglyphs in some of the caves! The trek up to the caves made for spectacular views from the mountain! Then we went to visit a local family who makes amazing carpets and other items using a traditional method of weaving using a moving board! We even tried and saw the process of homemade Oaxacan chocolate! Then we went to a Mezcal distillery! Where we saw the way mezcal was made and tried some of the different types! Overall an amazing experience! Highly recommend it!"
* A traveler said: "Pick up was timely. We spent the perfect amount of time at each location for it to be fascinating but not overly done. It was a full day but it didn't feel like it. Juan is fun and knowledgeable. Good group of guys!"