Top Oakland Nature and Wildlife
Saved to wishlist!
2 Oakland Nature and Wildlife | All Oakland Tours
Nature splendid and often used in television series of the 60s and 70s. Historic site with a famous ghost town cemetery. A photo stop on Mount Diablo's second 360 degree view after Mount Kilimanjaro. On a clear day with binoculars we see the Half Dome of Yosemite.
Called "A Gem of the East Bay," and voted "Best Botanical Garden" by Sunset Magazine (2019), a visit to the Ruth Bancroft Garden offers visitors an opportunity to see cacti, succulents, California natives and other rare and unusual drought tolerant plant species from around the world. The Garden features many large, mature plant specimens, originally planted by founder, Ruth Bancroft, that are not often seen in other dry gardens, making for a unique visitor experience all seasons of the year.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What Nature and Wildlife in Oakland are good for avoiding crowds?
Things to do near Oakland
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Lake Tahoe
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon