One of the largest observation wheels in Canada, the Niagara SkyWheel is perfectly placed for those who want to see the magnificent Niagara Falls from a whole new angle. Visitors can prepurchase an admission ticket for the SkyWheel and take the ride at a time of their choosing.
Alternatively, opt for a sightseeing pass that includes not only a ride on the SkyWheel but also access to five other Clifton Hill attractions, including a miniature golf course, Movieland Wax Museum of the Stars, and other rides and interactive experiences. Travelers who take part in organized Niagara Falls day trips from Toronto or Brampton may opt to ride the SkyWheel during free time on the tour.
Recent reviews from experiences in Niagara Falls & Around
Things to Know Before You Go
Bring your camera to take photos of Niagara Falls.
Each gondola can accommodate six to eight people.
The ride lasts for about 10 minutes.
The SkyWheel gondolas are equipped with heating and air conditioning.
Two gondolas in the Niagara SkyWheel are accessible to wheelchair users via a portable ramp.
How to Get There
The Niagara SkyWheel is located at the southern section of Clifton Hill, on the Ontario side of the falls. To get there, ride the WEGO red, blue, or green line buses to the Clifton Hill/Hornblower Niagara Cruises stop. Drivers can park at the Clifton Hill Niagara Falls parking lot.
When to Get There
The Niagara SkyWheel runs year-round. Wait until nightfall to see the falls illuminated. During summer, visitors can also see the Niagara Falls Fireworks from the gondolas. The fireworks start at 10pm, but lines are common at this time, so it’s worth arriving at the SkyWheel early.
Niagara Falls Viewpoints
The Niagara SkyWheel is just one of several attractions in town that offer bird’s-eye views of the falls. Visitors can also venture up to the 775-foot (236-meter) observation deck of the Skylon Tower in Niagara Falls, Ontario. From here, vistas extend across the mighty falls, the Great Gorge, and the Niagara wine region. It’s also possible to take helicopter and flightseeing tours over the falls to view one of the world’s most impressive natural wonders.
- Things to do in Ontario
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Niagara Falls
- Clifton Hill
- Louis Tussaud's Waxworks
- Great Canadian Midway
- Movieland Wax Museum of the Stars
- Nightmares Fear Factory
- Ripley's 4D Moving Theater Niagara Falls
- Greg Frewin Theatre
- Fallsview Indoor Waterpark
- Rainbow Bridge
- Queen Victoria Park
- Skylon Tower
- Niagara Falls IMAX Theatre
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Cave of the Winds
- Two Days in Niagara Falls
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises
- Niagara Falls in Summer
- How to Spend 2 Days on the Canadian Side of Niagara Falls
- How to Spend 3 Days at Niagara Falls
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Canadian Side of Niagara Falls
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises
- Things to Do at Niagara Falls This Summer
- Niagara Falls After Dark: Light Shows and Fireworks