* A traveler said: "A wonderful time had by all, a nice combination of tour guide assistance and information as well as time alone to wander. On time and very stress free. Robert was our guide and we enjoyed and trusted his wisdom."
* A traveler said: "All went well right from the pic up...except the wind (which is not in anybody control). Since, this is December, expect high winds and no access to Chair lift and Cliff walk. Our guide Mr. Pedro was really good and helpful."
* A traveler said: "This is a must-do tour. Every aspect of the tour was exceptional from pick up, to the sights, to return. The mountain top was breathtaking."
* A traveler said: "This is a great way to see the city and learn about the history and so much more. Luis was the best guide we’ve ever had-knowledgeable, personable and with a great sense of humor."
* A traveler said: "You can check on when the boat leaves. The boat leaves several times a day. Plan at least a half a day for the trip. Viator offers this trip at half price! It is a wonderful day trip!"
* A traveler said: "Outstanding view. The crew were very polite. Very flexible with the timing. Lines were handled with diligence"
* A traveler said: "Our group had a very unforgettable memories in Mt. Pilatus! It was a breathtaking view! We wish someday we could ride the Conway train. Luzerne is a very beautiful city! This is a very recommended tour."
* A traveler said: "The landscape was beautiful…lakes, mountains. It was interesting to see how people lived in the small towns. We saw cows with their big cowbells around their necks walking down the roads."
* A traveler said: "We took the tour as we were travelling with seniors and a baby. Seemed like easier option to travel and did not regret it at all. The tour guide was very friendly and informative. Comfortable clean bus. It was storming so we basically didnt see anything up there. I’d suggest not to go to jungfrau during winter"
* A traveler said: "Great experience in spite of the cold weather. The staff were friendly.Coffee was available from a vending machine."
* A traveler said: "Loved the trip. Cog railway was great. Went through the clouds and into the sun and snow capped mountains. Just wish we had scheduled more time at the top."
* A traveler said: "Fantastic trip!!! Would recommend !! Easy to do and you could use the mobile ticket. Self tour so no time restrictions"
* A traveler said: "Pascal was AMAZING!! First, he texted me about 3 hours before our tour to confirm our meeting point and time. He totally personalized our trip by asking what we’d seen and what we wanted to see plus he offered suggestions. He even took us to a store to buy Swiss chocolate that you can NOT buy in the US! I have mobility issues and can walk with crutches short distances. With his unique vehicle he was able to drive us up close to areas and give us a personal glimpse of the Lion, the bridges, tiny, colorful alleyways, etc. He even picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel! He was so very kind, personable and knowledgeable! We’ve never, ever enjoyed a tour guide more, EVER, and we felt like we truly saw the highlights of Lucerne. Pascal’s love of his hometown really showed through! We even met his lovely wife as she rode past on her bicycle! This is a MUST tour when in Lucerne!!"
* A traveler said: "Had a great time, parking is $5 you have to pay at a kiosk before going back to car. Cool up on mnt., sweatshirt was all we needed. Ice cave is fun. Careful on floors. We got there right when it opened no lines and place to ourselves. Took us about 1 1/2 hrs. 29 coach buses there when we left. Go early"
* A traveler said: "The trip was great. Wouldn’t worry about the train section. More detail needed on bus and train connections."
* A traveler said: "Great experience from a local! No issues and we enjoyed the one hour excursion. Received insider information on local restaurants and shopping."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Pilatus Railways (Pilatus Bahnen)
- Culture and Congress Centre (KKL)
- Swiss Museum of Transport (Verkehrshaus der Schweiz)
- Engelberg Monastery (Kloster Engelberg)
- Richard Wagner Museum
- Mt. Stanserhorn CabriO Cable Car
- Lucerne (Luzern)
- Lion Monument (Löwendenkmal)
- Rosengart Collection (Museum Sammlung Rosengart)
- Chapel Bridge (Kapellbrucke)
- Lake Lucerne (Vierwaldstättersee)
- Lucerne Old Town
- Lucerne Jesuit Church (Jesuitenkirche Luzern)
- Mount Rigi
- Mt. Pilatus
- Things to do in Central Switzerland
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Basel
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Montreux
- Things to do in Lake Como
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Strasbourg
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Geneva
- Things to do in Annecy
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Things to do in Lake Geneva