Open since 1999, Staples Center is most famously home to the Lakers and the Clippers, though the Los Angeles Sparks and the Los Angeles Kings are based there too. The venue is also a good place to take in a boxing match or a well-known musical act—Bruce Springsteen, Beyoncé, Paul McCartney, and Jay-Z are among those who have performed at Staples Center.
Go on your own (check the arena’s events calendar) or with a guide. A major Los Angeles landmark, Staples Center is featured on numerous local tour itineraries.
Things to Know Before You Go
Staples Center is accessible to wheelchairs, and offers seating and wheelchair escorts.
Arrive at your event early, as you’ll need to go through a metal detector and have your bag searched.
There’s a no re-entry policy in place for all events.
Outside food is prohibited, but the stadium has dozens of eateries, including vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and kosher options.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the venue.
How to Get There
Located on Figueroa Street in downtown Los Angeles, Staples Center is adjacent to the Los Angeles Convention Center and L.A. Live. The venue has multiple parking lots. To get there by metro rail, take the Blue or Expo line to Pico Station, or the Red, Purple, Blue, or Expo line to 7th St/Metro Center Station.
When to Get There
Staples Center hosts games and other events year-round. Hours vary depending on the event, and doors typically open around two hours before start time. On event days, the box office is open from 10am to 30 minutes after start time; otherwise, it’s open from 10am to 6pm on weekdays and closed on weekends.
Right next to Staples Center, L.A. Live is one of the city’s busiest entertainment complexes. Grab a meal at one of the restaurants, then check out the Grammy Museum or the music and theater venues.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona
- LA Live
- Grammy Museum
- Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC)
- LA Fashion District
- Historic Core
- Los Angeles Broadway Theater District
- OUE Skyspace Los Angeles
- Angels Flight Railway
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA Grand Avenue)
- Bradbury Building
- Walt Disney® Concert Hall
- Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
- Orpheum Theater
- Japanese American National Museum
- University of Southern California (USC)