Paley Center for Media Tours and Activities
In Los Angeles, the heart of the entertainment world, the Paley Center for Media houses a collection of more than 160,000 television and radio programs. The Paley Center works to preserve the artistic and cultural contributions of these programs, operating as a sort of database and forum for continued discussion. Radio programs date back to the 1920s, while television shows go back to 1939.
The archives function almost like a library of media. Most are available to watch or listen to in screening rooms or on individual consoles. In addition to original materials, there are also recorded seminars from prominent television and radio figures ranging from hosts and creators to actors.
The archives serve both as a resource for media professionals and as a catalog for the public to engage with. The center is expanding into emerging media, including Internet video and mobile content. There’s also a branch of the center located in New York City.
Tours and Activities to Experience Paley Center for Media
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona