Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) Tours
Read MoreShow Less
The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), set within Hancock Park beside the La Brea Tar Pits, is an exciting place to explore the world of art. Here you can view the latest big-budget show, from Monet to Tim Burton; take a seat in the busy lecture/movie hall; or immerse yourself in rare and varied collections.
Take a free docent-led tour, offered daily, to explore LACMA’s collection, or join a half-day guided city tour that passes by the museum and takes in the Sunset Strip, Beverly Hills, and Chinatown. Much of the art at LACMA represents the area’s diverse citizenry, from Maya sculptures and Persian tileworks to mysterious carvings and totems from Tonga, Papua New Guinea, and beyond.
Wander through historically important European artworks, then take a spin through the Broad Contemporary Art Museum, a LACMA wing that resembles a futuristic sailing vessel and features works by many controversial artists such as Andy Warhol and Jeff Koons. The artwork continues outside, with works such as Chris Burden's Urban Light, a collection of cast-iron street lamps that were salvaged from across the city.
Things to Know Before You Go
- After exploring LACMA and its grounds, take a seat at the unusually good Ray’s & Stark Bar, which offers lunch, dinner, and happy hour.
- The museum is fully wheelchair-accessible and offers wheelchairs and assisted-listening devices, which can be picked up at any ticket office.
- Randomized bag inspections are performed by museum security; bag check is available at the ticket offices.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the museum grounds.
How to Get There
LACMA is most easily accessible by car; from the Santa Monica Freeway, take Fairfax Avenue north 2 miles to Wilshire Boulevard. From the Hollywood Freeway, take Highland Avenue 3.5 miles south to Wilshire Boulevard, then turn right and continue 1 mile west. Paid parking is available next to the museum on Sixth Street and at the corner of Wilshire Boulevard and Spaulding Avenue.
When to Get There
The museum offers a range of programming, including film screenings such as weekly Tuesday matinees of classic films, as well as talks, classes, musical performances, and more. Check the LACMA website for the latest information on events and upcoming exhibitions. The museum is closed on Wednesdays, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Located in LA Live, the city’s downtown entertainment complex, the Grammy Museum is dedicated to the history of the music industry and features permanent as well as rotating exhibits exploring musical genres. Outside, a block's worth of sidewalk is inlaid with marble stars celebrating high-profile music performers and producers, similar to the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Address: 5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
No results found!
Things to do near Los Angeles
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Newport Beach
- Things to do in Catalina Island
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Carlsbad
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Baja California
- Things to do in Nevada