Hollywood Wax Museum Los Angeles
Enjoy a self-guided tour through the museum. Costumes and props are available at certain stations to allow you to customize your photos and selfies. Learn interesting trivia about the celebrities’ accomplishments, pets, and pet peeves. Horror fans won’t want to miss the Hollywood Chamber of Horrors, which features villains and monsters from both classic and modern horror films.
For the best value, book a VIP ticket that includes the Guinness Book of World Records Museum and Ripley’s Believe It or Not! in addition to the Hollywood Wax Museum. If you’re planning to sightsee in the city, consider a guided tour and combine a visit here with other popular LA attractions, such as the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, and the Sunset Strip.
Things to know before you go
- The Hollywood Wax Museum is ideal for families with kids and spontaneous travelers.
- Don’t forget your camera as a big part of the fun is posing with the figures.
- Children aged 3 and under can enter for free.
- The museum is wheelchair-accessible.
How to get there
The Hollywood Wax Museum is at the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and N Highland Avenue. If you’re driving, take US 101 or Interstate 110. There are several parking lots nearby. You can also take the Metro Red Line to the Hollywood/Highland station, located right across the street.
When to get there
The Hollywood Wax Museum is open daily and stays open late. The only day the museum is closed is for the Academy Awards. It can be especially busy on weekends, holidays, and over the summer. Visit earlier in the day, or late at night, to beat the crowds.
Guinness World Record Museum and Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
Many visitors combine all three venues in one visit. At Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, see nearly 300 exhibits, artifacts, and oddities from around the world. At the Guinness World Record Museum, learn about long-held and recently-broken records that will inspire, amaze, and puzzle. You’ll also get a chance to try to break a world record at the Attempts Arena.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona
- Hollywood Museum
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Hollywood
- Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum
- Egyptian Theatre
- Hollywood & Highland
- El Capitan Theatre
- Dolby Theatre
- Hard Rock Café Hollywood
- TCL Chinese Theatre
- Madame Tussauds Hollywood
- The Magic Castle
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Runyon Canyon Park
- Capitol Records Building