Podgórze Tours and Activities
Podgorze is a district of Krakow on the southern bank of the Vistula River and at the base of Lasota Hill. It was originally a separate city, but in 1915, as the Austro-Hungarian Empire was beginning to collapse, the town was combined with Krakow. The neighborhood was home to a large Jewish population, and thousands of its residents were sent to concentration camps during World War II. Several signs of the neighborhood's past can still be found here. One significant memorial is Plac Bohaterow Getta (Ghetto Heroes Square), a monument using large metal chairs that commemorates the heroes of the ghetto and the victims of the Holocaust. This is where many waited to board trains that took them to Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps.
There are several other memorials including Eagle Pharmacy and Plaszow Camp Memorial. Schindler's Factory, which is now a museum, is also located in this district. This is the factory the movie Schindler's List was based on. There are also several museums, galleries, parks and squares in this neighborhood.
Tours and Activities to Experience Podgórze
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hop on Hop off Kracow Sightseeing Tour
- Private Tour of Kazimierz Jewish District and Podgorze District
- Full Tour- Old Town + Kazimierz + Podgórze ( Ghetto, Schindler)
- Meet Krakow in 3h! Private tour through ALL historical areas.
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Warsaw
- Things to do in Budapest
- Things to do in Lviv
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Poznan
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Dragomiresti
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Western Romania
- Things to do in Upper Austria