Jan Matejko House (Dom Jana Matejki)
Welcome to Jan Matejko’s universe! The famous artist, counted among the most famous Polish painters, is celebrated for his vivid depictions of political and military events inspired from Polish history. Some of his most famous works include the Battle of Grunwald, Union of Lublin, Rejtan, as well as several portraits of Polish kings, which are exposed in various National Museums across Poland.
The three-story town house is where the painter used to work and live, and has been transformed into a biographical museum in the late 1800s, shortly after his death. The Jan Matejko House (Dom Jana Matejki) is still adorned with artwork commissioned by Matejko himself, which is now particularly valuable, seeing as he was quite the collector. Hundreds of objects and trinkets that belonged to Matejko, collected throughout the years, make up the Matejko House's relatively small but highly significant collection – from his reading glasses to Renaissance furniture, and from antique firearms to books documenting his fascination for gargoyles.
Jan Matejko House (Dom Jana Matejki) Tours and Activities
What are Jan Matejko House (Dom Jana Matejki) hours of operation?
Should I book Jan Matejko House (Dom Jana Matejki) tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Jan Matejko House (Dom Jana Matejki) 2021?
What's the best way to experience Jan Matejko House (Dom Jana Matejki)?
- Skip the Line: Krakow Museum Ticket & Attraction Official Pass
- Krakow Museums and Transport Official Pass
- Small Group Markets and Flavours of Krakow with an Authentic Polish Lunch
- Biographical Museum of Jan Matejko Entrance Ticket
Things to do near Krakow
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Warsaw
- Things to do in Budapest
- Things to do in Lviv
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Poznan
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Dragomiresti
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Western Romania
- Things to do in Upper Austria