Top Jakarta Day Trips
77 results | All Jakarta Tours
* A traveler said: "My guide Jose was quite organized, informative, has a large array of knowledge to share and very pleasant to be around, all day was wonderful and good time and experience for me . everybody should to go honestly..."
* A traveler said: "Stephen was our tour guide and Frans was our driver. Took us to the most popular areas of interest. Very personal experience without the crowds of a bus. Stephen only 19 years old, spoke English clearly and was very informative. Stephen learned English in school. Frans was a very safe driver. He learned English on his own and did a wonderful job. He was also very informative. There is no way we could drive on our own in this city. The other drivers and motorcycles were crazy. A three lane road turned into a six lane road! I would highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Although the tour was long and we visited many sights it was extraordinarely enjoyable.the tour guide went out of his way to please me everthing was well organized and appropriate it was a great experience highly recommend it with the right tour guide"
* A traveler said: "Our guide was not only knowledgeable about the Jakarta area, he was very helpful and made us feel comfortable in all the local areas by pointing out customs and mores. His English was very good and showed a real enthusiasm for this area."
* A traveler said: "On time and exactly as described. Made the connection to meet them very simple. Great communication throughout the entire process."
* A traveler said: "I would recommend this tour to everyone with a short amount of time in Jakarta. It includes the main sights and our tour guide was very nice and attentive"
* A traveler said: "Sepa island is beautiful! It's only 100000idr for snorkeling gear and i highly recommend going snorkeling around the area. But you do have a free hour kayak rental that it's amazing as well."
* A traveler said: "Agung picked me up at the hotel right on time. Went to all the attractions. He was very personable and tried his best to get me into places that were closed. He took pictures and videos, and at the end he sent a file with the day's excursions. If you like having a guide with character - he is the one. I enjoyed the time spent with him."
* A traveler said: "Had a private trip - car, driver, and guide. Comfortable enough while commuting 2+ hours each way to/from Bandung. Guide spoke sufficient English. Went to all the locations. Most memorable was the performance at Angklung Udjo, playing with the musical instrument was fun. Afterwards had dinner at a restaurant - there was a lot of food, though eating for 1 was lonesome (the guide/driver declined my offer to pay for them to eat). The fajita-style cooked fish was extremely good. Overall it was a good way to spend a day. You must understand however that there is traffic everywhere and delays are inevitable. The commute cuts into the amount of time you can spend in Bandung, but I felt it was worthwhile."
* A traveler said: "Fantastic tour, we enjoyed a lot this nice experience! Discovering temples with our friendly and kind guide was great!|Included lunch was a nice buffet in a lovely restaurant with incredible view of rice terraces! |Totally recommendable!"
* A traveler said: "I can't say enough wonderful things about this tour. Our guide Shirley was a delight. Her English is superb and she was so very attentive. The description of the tour is very accurate. The highlands are so lush and the climate a welcome change. We were greeted at the botanical gardens by a private garden guide who was able to point out and explain things that I am sure we would have missed if we were walking around on our own. Shirley heard me say that I love and grow orchids, so she made sure that we were able to stop at the orchid exhibit before we left. So nice to see the local orchids as well as the hybrids. We were probably at the gardens about 2 hours. I did not feel rushed though there are other parts to the gardens that could be explored if interested. After the botanical gardens it was time to head up the highlands to the tea plantation region. Lunch was at a resort atop of the mountains. So relaxing and the food was very good. After lunch we went on to the tea plantation. The views were stunning. Upon arrival we made our way into the historical tea manufacturing facility. Tea production no longer takes place there but there is a tea tasting, small gift shop and a room dedicated to explaining the history and manufacturing process. We then made our way to the actual tea fields which are gracing the slopes of the highlands. Such a serene setting gazing out over acres of lush green. There is something very calming about tea and it starts right here in these highlands. Unfortunately it was time to head back to Jakarta. Our day ended up being a bit longer due to the notorious traffic in Jakarta on our return. Shirley filled the time with conversation about cultural and historical information and our driver exhibited a great amount of professionalism and patience."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in Banyuwangi
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Kuching
- Things to do in Seminyak
- Things to do in Kuta
- Things to do in Jimbaran
- Things to do in Ubud
- Things to do in Nusa Dua
- Things to do in East Java
- Things to do in Bali
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Kedah