Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo attracts more than 2.5 million attendees each year, making it one of the city’s most popular annual events. Ticket options vary based on what you plan to see. Grounds passes (available as day or season passes) give access to NRG Park to explore the livestock show, shopping, and exhibits. Each individual rodeo event and concert are ticketed, though season tickets to all events for the year are also on offer.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo is a must-see for families, music lovers, or anyone interested in Western culture.
- Many headline concerts and events sell out early, so be sure to book your tickets ahead of time.
- Remember to download the RODEOHOUSTON Mobile App for the latest schedules, maps, and visitor information.
- The rodeo grounds are wheelchair accessible, and assistance is available for the visually and hearing impaired.
How to Get There
Paid parking is available at NRG Park, but you can skip the hassle by riding the Houston METRORail or taking a shuttle from one of several free Park & Ride locations around town. There’s a ride sharing drop-off point in the Green Lot near Gate 13D.
When to Get There
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo typically takes place over 20 days in March, though pre-rodeo events kick off in February. Each day brings a new lineup of events and concerts, so it’s a good idea to check the calendar and book tickets ahead of time.
Special Days and Events at the Rodeo The rodeo schedules several special days throughout the event to celebrate various members of the Houston community. These days include Armed Forces Appreciation, Black Heritage, First Responders, Go Tejano, Special Needs, and International Days.
- Things to do in Texas
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in New Orleans
- Things to do in Monterrey
- Things to do in Sapa
- Things to do in Orange Beach
- Things to do in Branson
- Things to do in Destin
- Things to do in Louisiana
- Things to do in Alabama
- Things to do in Panama City Beach
- Things to do in Missouri
- Hermann Park
- Houston Zoo
- Houston Museum District
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- The Health Museum
- Children's Museum of Houston
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Holocaust Museum Houston
- Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park
- Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens
- Sam Houston Park
- Wells Fargo Plaza
- Downtown Tunnels
- Houston City Hall