Tan Ky Old House
As an integral part of Hoi An’s visual charm, Tan Ky Old House is featured on most tours of Hoi An Ancient Town. A popular choice among first-time visitors is a half-day walking tour, which allows travelers to cover the main attractions of the UNESCO World Heritage Site on foot for a more intimate glimpse into the area. If you’re on a time budget, opt for a day trip that combines a tour of Hoi An with a visit to Da Nang for an interesting contrast.
Things to Know Before You Go
Tan Ky Old House is one of Hoi An’s famous heritage houses and a must for first-time visitors.
An Old Town admission ticket is required to enter the house.
Tan Ky Old House is not wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
Tan Ky Old House is located at 101 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, in the center of Hoi An Ancient Town. Due to the Old Town’s restrictions on vehicles, you can access the house on foot or by bicycle. In order to skip the hassle of navigation, most travelers visit the house as part of a guided tour.
When to Get There
The heritage house is open daily between 8am and 5pm. The Old Town’s popularity means it often gets very crowded, so try to arrive as early as possible if you want to feel like you have Tan Ky House all to yourself.
The Confucius Cup
Among many Asian antiques, Tan Ky House is home to the only Confucius cup in the country. By design, if the cup is filled all the way, it drains itself—a lesson in moderation, according to the great Chinese philosopher.
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in Sanya
- Things to do in Nha Trang
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Museum of Sa Huynh Culture
- Cantonese Assembly Hall (Hoi Quan Quang Dong)
- Museum of Trade Ceramics
- Japanese Covered Bridge (Chua Cau)
- Hoi An Handicraft Workshop
- Phung Hung Ancient House
- Phuc Kien Assembly Hall (Fujian Assembly Hall)
- Hoi An Central Market (Cho Hoi An)
- Quan Cong Temple
- Hoi An Museum (Bao Tang Hoi An)
- Hainan Assembly Hall (Hoi Quan Hai Nam)
- Hoi An Ancient Town
- Hoi An Silk Village (Lang Lua Hoi An)
- Kim Bong (Carpentry Village)
- Tra Nhieu Fishing Village